Promoting Student Leadership at The Wilnecote School 2018-19
- Head Girl
- Head Boy
- Deputy Head Girls x2
- Deputy Head Boys x2
Head Girl, Head Boy and their Deputies
As part of the role, you will be expected to:
- Promote student leadership by being a role model for the school and the community we serve.
- Represent and be ambassadors for the school in a range of events including assemblies, open evenings, prize giving, meeting governors and members of the public as appropriate.
- Actively look for ways to improve the school experience for the students who make up our community.
- Represent Year 11 to help the school meet their needs during what is a challenging year.
- Help manage the Prefect Team to support students and staff across the school.
- Attend a weekly breakfast meeting from 8:00-8:25am as a member of the Junior Leadership Team to improve provision for students across the school.
Qualities that are desirable and support a strong application are:
- A record of excellent behaviour and high attendance
- Positive relationships with staff and students
- Have demonstrated leadership or that you have the capacity to lead others
- Working well under pressure, can delegate and have good time management
- Enjoy working as part of a team and making things happen
- Have demonstrated a commitment to the wider school during your time with us, through taking part in activities such as clubs, teams, student voice, concerts and plays.
- The confidence to speak in front of members of the school community
- A sense of humour and caring nature
Why apply for these posts?
- You want to make a different through serving and working with the school community, making the experience students have at The Wilnecote School a better one.
- You enjoy working with others to make things happen and the opportunity to develop your leadership skills through working with students and adults appeals to you.
- You like a challenge and the opportunity to learn new skills that will aid you in later life.
- You gain experience of applying for a position whilst reflecting on your own qualities and next steps.
- If successful, you will hold a role of great responsibility that will strengthen applications to colleges, universities and jobs in the future.
Students interested in these positions should submit a written application explaining:
- Why you would like to undertake the position
- What qualities and experience you have that make you suitable to hold the position
- What difference you believe you can make to the school community.