- They will research different film genres, identify different target audiences and understand how this knowledge can influence the style, colour, typography and imagery of their own work. They will then sketch out a range of creative design ideas, select the most suitable and develop it towards a final solution. During this task they will also be introduced to one of the key drawing skills of isometric projection where they present their final design as a 3D image.
The project will conclude by looking at promotion by creating a range of merchandise which could include; Poster, 3D glasses, Popcorn box or a 3D paper craft Character.
- Year 8 Graphics places a focus on branding and influences that may determine a products commercial appeal. Students will look in depth, factors that may affect a product’s marketability, whilst reinforcing the 4 main assessment criteria – Research, Design Ideas, Making, and Evaluation.
- To reinforce prior knowledge and skills learnt including drawing and rendering techniques.
- To develop new design/drawing skills that would prepare pupils for higher level D&T.
- To encourage independence and personal improvement through self-evaluation and annotation.
This project looks at re-branding an existing confectionary product of the pupil’s choice. They will use market research to identify the requirements of their target audience, which will then influence their outcome. The importance of analysing existing products will be covered as they learn to effectively use the ACCESSFM system to evaluate work.
Students will look to completely re-design their chosen products identity and then aim to market it using new packaging, an interactive mailer (Cootie Catcher) and a Point of Sale that would be place on a shop counter, using specifically designed Net Templates.
- In year 8 pupils will also be introduced to other Key drawing skills including CAD and Perspective drawing,
During all ks3 project pupils will be assessed over 4 main criteria –
- Research – Understanding a brief, looking at existing products/designers, identifying target market
- Design Ideas – Developing original & creative ideas to solve the given brief, modelling and testing
- Making – Practical, construction of a finished product
- Evaluation – Assessment of their own development and success through annotation and discussion.