Topic- Basic Textile Skills
The emphasis in year seven is for students to build a repertoire of knowledge, skills and understanding in order that in year 8 and 9 they are able to apply these skills to design and create high quality prototypes and products. The key health and safety procedures used within a textile environment will also be introduced.
- To identify the equipment and their parts used within a textile environment.
- To practise and demonstrate controlled and safe handling of a sewing machine
- To model a seam and hem
- To demonstrate controlled hand stitching, including sewing a button.
- To design and make a stencil
- Discuss the 5R (Recycling)
- To create new materials from recycled fabric and demonstrate weaving techniques.
Assessment – Modelling